Monitor won't Display on XFX 7870 video card Need Assistance!

josh1987

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
I recently upgraded my computer with new parts(Everything except the processor & hard drive)
Parts:
Z77 sabertooth motherboard
16gb corsair vengeance 1866 Mhz Memory
Corsair HX750 power supply
XFX 7870 2gb Graphics card
Also 1tb Western Digital hard drive and 17-2600 processor (from previous build.)

I put everything together and those parts work well but the video card will not display video at all. The video card has 2 DVI ports(single and Dual), and a HDMI cable. ( i bought a HDMI to DVI-D cable) since the monitor says DVI-D I thought it would work. I have connected it to my mom's computer HDMI cable on her laptop as well as a DVD player and the monitor displays fine on them. I am stumped as to what the problem could be. I installed the video card and put all cords that were needed into the video card from the power supply and changed display to DVI-D display but wont work. My only conclusion is that the HD 5670 card i previously had installed needs to be disabled or deactivated? If anyone can help I would appreciate it I just want to get it up and running and im pretty sure its a video card issue since the monitor has proved to work on other DVI to HDMI devices.

josh1987

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
I have a dell IN2020M monitor and when I plug in the DVI-D cord I expect to see a image on screen but all I see is power saving mode activate and the screen fades!
I know this cable works I went to best buy had them connect it to my monitor it worked and also worked on my moms laptop! Any help would be be gracious. I'm in. Dilemma and don't know what to do :(

josh1987

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

I fixed it! I'm bit sure on your bios but on z77 sabertooth it was under graphics configuration I changed one of the features from auto to PCI it should have recognized it but I guess the on onboard video must have not allowed it to work properly

dansherb

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013

I'm glad you fixed it, unfortunately I don't see that in my amd mobo bios :\.

woodpiledad

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013

Yeah, same issue here...& my BIOS options for PCI are [AUTO] or [DISABLE]. Were you able to get this resolved?