audio and divx and media player wont work

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
ok on the audio this is such a pian iv disabled the onboard audio because I have a sound blaster recon quad core audio card in however I got crossfired graphics cards that seem to always want to use there garbage audio proccessotr from the cards since monitor is HD and plugged in via hdmi.

now this might be a software problem idk all sounds work except suddenly after just watching a movie fine windopws media player and divx wont play any movie files I throw at it. it says error this audio format is not supported I think talkin bout DTS, however I have the AC3 audio codec installewd that covers all that. iv uninstall both ac3 codec and divx with revo uninstaller as to no miss anything and installed it all back and still same problem. what can I do

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
ok no reply yet to this and iv figured out more details. when I open a video file I get an error (video plays no sound) the error says "error dolby digital audio"

iv uninstalled and re-installed the AC# codec/filter from the webste however when trying to install I get an error saying unable to register the DLL/OCX: Reg Serv32 failed with the exit code 0x5

I click ignore and I get that same msg again I hit ignore and its done but obviously not working

TRENDING THREADS