Below is a list of components I'm
looking at and I would just like advice
on what's good and or other items to
replace ones on my list:

Intel core i5 3570k combo with
gigabyte ga-77-hd3 motherboard
($275 for the combo)

Cheapest radeon hd 7950 I can find
(around $280 before $20 rebate and comes with crysis 3 and bioshock infinite) specific brand recommended?

Case: nzxt phantom 410 ($99)

PSU: cooler master silent pro m700 700 watt ($99 before $40 rebate)

Corsair vengeance 2 x 4gb sticks of ram ($55)

Western digital blue 1tb hdd ($75)

Ill be using steam for games so i don't really need a disc drive at this time.

The total comes out to around 800-830 with rebates any recommendations welcomed.

Just a reminder that you would need to buy an aftermarket cpu cooler to overclock your cpu as the stock cooler will barely get you anywhere. One of the cheapest coolers that has great performance are the Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO/Plus ($20-30) and the Xigmatek Gaia ($20).

g-unit1111

Titan

I personally would avoid the Gaia - I think it's really cheap build quality and the fans are a pain to attach to the heat sink. Plus it includes "thermal compound" that has the same density as caulking compound. :lol:

I'd get the 212 Evo or the Noctua NH-U9B.

harrisonk

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013

How much power do you guys think I need?

harrisonk

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
One last question I've been looking at the sandisk ultra plus 256gb ssd and was wondering if its worth the extra $100 when compared to the hdd I mentioned? I would probably get the hdd later this year or wait until I need more space.

Read the PSU guide linked in my sig, please. Those are not good PSUs, ever.

What you actually need for power while gaming will be about 300W. Once you allow for temporary power spikes and overclocking and other things you need a PSU that can deliver about 36 amps on the 12V rail, or in other words a decent 500W PSU.