Sign in with
Your question

Looking to upgrade my gaming rig CPU/Motherboard

Last response: in CPUs
April 8, 2013 9:31:44 AM

Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my gaming rig's Motherboard/CPU. I've got a budget of about $600 CAD.

Currently, I'm using:

Intel® Core™ i7-870 Processor
Intel® Desktop Board DP55KG

I'm not really sure what a better combo for gaming would be, and matching CPU's with Motherboards has always left me a little confused. My rig runs really well as is, but I'm looking to get that extra push to really push the higher-end games that are out (or will be out soon). If it helps, my GPU is an EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW.

Thanks for reading my post!
a b 4 Gaming
a c 804 à CPUs
a c 113 V Motherboard
April 8, 2013 9:56:17 AM

Honestly, you probably won't see much improvement with anything currently out. With Haswell coming out in June, I would wait till then. Even then, I am unsure how much of an improvement you would see. Your current chip is still plenty fast.
April 8, 2013 11:01:24 AM

logainofhades said:
Honestly, you probably won't see much improvement with anything currently out. With Haswell coming out in June, I would wait till then. Even then, I am unsure how much of an improvement you would see. Your current chip is still plenty fast.

Thanks for the info, I was unaware that the 4th gen CPU's were on their way so soon! I suppose I'll have to have a talk with you about which motherboard I'll be needing when the time comes. :D 
!