Looking for the perfect 3D monitor

IMASHERIFF

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
Well i have been looking all over and have come to the conclusion that i definitely want a nvidia 3D vision capable monitor but im unsure which one, i have heard of the monitors with a built in emitter and the one's without that is why i have come here, i would love your opinions one which is the best of the best and still is a great 2D monitor.

All suggestions are welcomed, please share

Thanks

The Asus probably has better 3d, but that BenQ is pretty much the best 120Hz monitor out there, aside from a few $600+ ones.

I would buy the BenQ XL2420T, and then a separate kit of IR emitter and glasses if you really want 3d - that way you get by far the best 2d 120Hz gaming experience AND a great 3d experience. (BenQ also makes the -TX model, which has a built-in emitter, but it's not as good as the stand-alone from nvidia.)

IMASHERIFF

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

What makes the stand alone emitter better, and have you heard any new of when the ASUS VG278HR and the BenQ XL2720T and (TX) are being released, I have seen the XL2720T on Amazon for about $500 but nothing on the other two.

The TX monitor had to use a different PCB for the IR emitter, and unfortunately it ended up being significantly weaker.

As for when the other monitors are being released, I honestly haven't the slightest idea - though I'd go with what's out there now, simply because it's proven to be a good product.

IMASHERIFF

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

oh jeez, well then its down to the BenQ T model and a ASUS. i was actually looking at these along with the VG278H:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236293

and here is a link for the VG278H: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236206

i cant figure out the what is better. and worth the money

So, how do you put together a 3D Vision 2-infused gaming PC? The first step is finding a good display, preferably with LightBoost. (Nvidia's 3D Vision system requirements page is a good place to start your search.) Check to see whether the display comes with the Nvidia glasses or not. If it doesn't, you'll need to buy a glasses-and-receiver kit separately. You'll also want a fast graphics card, because remember, you'll be asking it to render twice as many frames each second—one for each eye—when stereo 3D is enabled. I'd advise against going with anything much slower than a GeForce GTX 570 or GeForce GTX 580 if you intend to crank up the eye candy at 1080p.

The hardest part, I suppose, is balancing all of those ingredients if you're on a budget. Right now, the only Nvidia-approved monitors available at Newegg are based on 1080p panels, making it difficult to cheap out on the GPU front without running games at lower than the display's native resolution. You could choose one of the more affordable 3D Vision panels, but be careful. At $330, Acer's GD235HZbid might seem like a better deal than Asus' VG236H, which has the same panel size and a $440 price tag. However, if you read the fine print, you'll see the Asus display comes with the Nvidia goggles and the Acer does not. Add the $150 3D Vision kit, and the Acer display's total cost goes up to $480.

Picking out your ideal 3D Vision setup is probably going to involve hours of careful research and price comparisons. You'll want to look at the pros and cons of each display and check out a few reviews. You'll also want to keep in mind that 3D Vision displays use TN panels, which might make them less suitable for tasks requiring high color accuracy. Perhaps you'll find yourself compelled to keep a high-fidelity display (likely based on an IPS panel) for, say, photo editing, and complement it with a 3D Vision panel for stereoscopic gaming.

Once you have all the components selected, configuring and using your 3D Vision setup for stereo 3D gaming should be fairly straightforward.If you're looking for the best 3D monitor that will also play great in 2D, then you should choose between the BenQ XL2420T and the ASUS VG278H. Both incorporate nVidia's 3D Vision 2 with 3D LightBoost which greatly improves the overall 3D experience.

While the BenQ doesn't disappoint as far as specifications with a 2ms response time, 120Hz refresh rate, low input lag, and a great picture, The XL2420T comes with a lot of other features built-in to this monitor specifically for gamers including FPS Mode, RTS Mode, Intuitive OSD, S. Switch;Height Adjustment, and Game Mode Loader.

If you just want this monitor for the 2D technology, then you might want to consider its predecessor, XL2410T, which is significantly cheaper and has many of the same features as the XL2420T, but has nVidia 3D Vision rather than 3D Vision 2.

IMASHERIFF

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

Hmm well the main purpose of this build is for gaming and really only that. i will be using a Gigabyte SOC 680, what would be the ideal monitor for my needs? or at least what is best in your opinion.

IMASHERIFF

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

cool so ill just pick by features, and thanks a ton for all your help