Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What kind of PSU will I need for this build?

Last response: in Components
Share
April 8, 2013 9:13:07 PM

Ive read many different reviews, but I think ill get a better answer if I just ask here. My current build ill be ordering soon will have as followed.

Case - Coolermaster HAF 912
Mobo - GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU - AMD FX-8350
GPU - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 7950
RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance
HDD -Western Digital WD AV-GP 500GB.
DVD drive- Asus Black sata.

Right now I was thinking about going for the Thermaltake SMART series 650W PSU, but, idk if Ill need more, or less than that. Help!!

More about : kind psu build

April 8, 2013 10:41:41 PM

For me its a good choice but if your are thinking to upgrade more in the future if i were you i would take
a 750W/650W psu. My choice Corsair or Silverstone (I just like the brand).
a b ) Power supply
April 9, 2013 4:30:44 AM

Gary Tan said:
For me its a good choice but if your are thinking to upgrade more in the future if i were you i would take
a 750W/650W psu. My choice Corsair or Silverstone (I just like the brand).


it's a slightly modified platform (almost exact) used in corsairs TX-M series.

Related resources
a b ) Power supply
April 9, 2013 4:32:17 AM

setsunai said:
Ive read many different reviews, but I think ill get a better answer if I just ask here. My current build ill be ordering soon will have as followed.

Case - Coolermaster HAF 912
Mobo - GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU - AMD FX-8350
GPU - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 7950
RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance
HDD -Western Digital WD AV-GP 500GB.
DVD drive- Asus Black sata.

Right now I was thinking about going for the Thermaltake SMART series 650W PSU, but, idk if Ill need more, or less than that. Help!!


for a single HD 7950, it's more then enough power even if you OC everything. The PSU is a good unit and well reviewed under various brands such as thermaltake and corsair.

April 9, 2013 4:49:35 AM

dirtyferret said:
setsunai said:
Ive read many different reviews, but I think ill get a better answer if I just ask here. My current build ill be ordering soon will have as followed.

Case - Coolermaster HAF 912
Mobo - GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU - AMD FX-8350
GPU - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 7950
RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance
HDD -Western Digital WD AV-GP 500GB.
DVD drive- Asus Black sata.

Right now I was thinking about going for the Thermaltake SMART series 650W PSU, but, idk if Ill need more, or less than that. Help!!


for a single HD 7950, it's more then enough power if you OC everything. The PSU is a good unit and well reviewed under various brands such as thermaltake and corsair.



Thanks a bunch!
!