Task bar unresponsive

Jasmine loo

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
I'm having problems with my laptop. The task bar is unresponsive whenever I move my mouse to the task bar, nothing is clickable, the loading sign appears. It can't be switched off. I tried switching off by pressing the power button and switched it on again, the task bar wasn't working either. Tried it for over ten times, still not working. I'm really frustrated. I need help. My school's starting on Monday.

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
I've posted this to other similar threads; hope my solution will help someone.

I was all prepared to try a reinstall of windows7 when everything went back to normal, no ctrl alt del any longer. To be certain it was not a bug, i went ahead and paid for the full version of malwarebytes and on the first scan, it did find a couple of PUP's that MSE missed. MBAM support told me that their software dolesn't like running along side MSE so i uninstalled it. They further suggested i use Avast(which i do love) and together they seem to do a good job.

I said all that to say this; the mouse thing still lives! Then after reading online for hours, I thought to install a program designed to work with my Logitec thumb roller mouse. I played around with the different configurations, didn't find them useful so i set it all back to default. This program is called the logitec Setpoint. I've left this program running and have not had the mouse click problem since!

Perhaps, on any brand of mouse, you could find and install software/drivers designed specially for you mouse. Apparently the plug and play windows 7 default drivers are buggy.

Good luck all

Marty_6

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016
hi all, well as you may have guessed I too have had this same prtoblem, the thing is it wasn't present the last time i used the laptop so something must hjave changed. Cutting a long and borimng story shortI could find no changes and my laptop reported as being in gopopd health,As I perfortmed more seaerches in the hope of finding a fix I knew I was getting nowhere and fast. the fix offered here did not work either sdo I changed my search and using task manager I picked on the program that was using ther most cpu and started there, in m y case it was wmi provider host.
I can't stress this enough I am impressed and love this fix, and for you all you need to try this : you need to ust power shell and to find it go here : computer/c/windows/system 32/ v1.0/ powersdhjell and yopu shouldf run with administrator privileges, then on the screen that follows copy this line of text exactly and paste it to that page.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

the fix should be instant anmd you need not restartcheck everything is working, if not then restyartyou should be good to go again and the problem gone good luck all, I got this info from Microsoft and it is reliable. Although I can not remember the page details here is anmother page with the same info.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/12321-taskbar-start-button-not-working.html

TRENDING THREADS