Silver Power SP-SS500 500W
AMD Athlon II X2 250, 3,0Ghz, AM3
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 4GB x2
ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3
Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 1GB
Windows 7
all the newest drivers!

So i had this pc for ~3 years, always worked fine for me,
Now however, it has started acting very strange, im gonna try to explain this the best way i can, but keep in mind it seems like a really strange problem.

so it started after 2 months of my using dual monitors.
1, 21 inch monitor, and 1, 32 inch tv for my videos.
So this ran very smooth for a couple of months, i dont know if my problem is related to this but i thought ill throw it out there both screens 1080p resolution

So then randomly one day my videos started to lag alittle bit, small freeze lags, small ones, i was playing in Flash meanwhile, if that matters.
so it was small lags going on, and i thought it was quite strange, so i said to myself, as soon as im done with this project in flash, ill restart the computer.

an hour later, i shut down my computer, within seconds i start the computer again, and it sounded as if all the hardware started correctly, all the led loaded, the fans were spinning, notihng wrong from just hearing the computer.
but straight after the motherboard logo, when the windows 7 logo flys in, its froze, i let it be awhile, then restarted, and this time i dont even get the motherboard logo, the monitor power light didnt even turn on.

After that i waiting for around 20 minutes until i tried starting it again, same problem, didnt even get the motherboard logo.
I disconnect my computer, and connect my current server computer, and put the other computer int he closet.
A week later I took out my computer from the closet, open it up, removed all the dust, and connect the computer again. it started this time, i got the motherboard logo, and when the windows 7 logo flys in it didnt lag at all, i get to my desktop, and i started to look around if all my hardware loaded correctly, before i was done it started lag alot, I tried dragging the windows around to see if it was smooth, and it wasnt it lagged alot, so i restarted the pc again, and this time he froze at the windows 7 logo again, i turn the pc off, and call my friend, to come over with a windows7 cd so i can try if reinstalling windows would work.

So after i got my hands on the cd i started the pc, and put in the cd as fast as i could, and restarted the second i got to the desktop, pressed f12 or del, (cant remember) to get into BIOS i made the boot device being the cd, so i saved and restarted, the cd booted it was loading the files, when it once again froze, i restarted, tried again, this time i made it to the install section, i formatted all my hard drives, installed windows in the ssd, and let it to do its thing.
30 minutes later it was all done, and i started my pc.
The motherboard logo loaded successfully
the windows 7 logo loaded without any lag whatsoever.
and the desktop loaded without any problems whatsoever.
So is went to the device manager to look if all my hardware worked, and i didnt see any problems, i started downloading all my drivers, update the windows, everything, 3 hours later it was all done, and there was still no sign of lag.
so i thought i should let it run for awhile, i went outside to go eat, 2 hours later i got home and the pc was still running without any noticeable problem, so i started downloading all my essential things, tried a few games to see if it ran, the only problem i could notice was insane FPS drops, for an example in minecraft it was going fine for about 10 seconds, then it goes from 12-200 FPS with vsync off
vsync on, 6-54.
The FPS problem persist with games that wasnt java based, with such games as world of warcraft, dungeon defenders, emulators, everything pretty much,
And yes, i do have direct x, i also have the 64 bit java, and the latest drivers.
So after i was done testing the fps i just started using the pc to watch facebook, youtube and skype pretty much, after a few hours the pc froze again, after i started it the motherboard logo didnt show again, and the monitor power button wasnt turning on "green light" but it appears as if all the hardware is running fine, all the fans leds and so on was showing and making noise.
I went away from the pc for around 10 minutes, and started again, and it worked perfectly, no lag whatsoever, ~ 24 hours later, same thing happens, i wait around 10 minutes and it works again.
And this is where i am now, i would like to know what the problem is, cause it really do seem as if theres something that is giving up, but i dont know what, so i cant buy a new one,

I did a 3D benchmark aswell after the reinstallation of windows, i dont know if it helps you but here it is:
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6342521

Im sorry for my grammar and spelling mistakes, English isnt my first language.

But thanks in advance, i would really appreciated it you could help me with this

Thank you
// Rickard

G

You said that your PC is 3 years old, so you can expect some hardware failure if you have put some intensive use on it. Although I wouldn't expect your video card (which was only released 2 years ago) to be the issue. I do not know much about AMD's CPUs, and it is likely that there is where the issue originates from or a malfunctioning motherboard.

Can you run a complete virus scan with whatever third party software you use, and check your msconfig for any start-up programs that look suspicious to you. Verify that all your parts are not physically damaged, and wires are securely plugged in. Also, how long have you been using your current hard drive for? They have an expected life of anywhere around 5 years, so that may be broken if your case is normally hot, or you move it around a lot.

Squarekiddo

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013

Is that and actual solution or just a guess?

Ive ran a virus scan 2 days ago, nothing detected with Kaspersky, and i know all startup programs are okay!
its only
DAEMON tools
USB 3.0 monitor
Nexus personal ( my banks software)

The wires are all setup with any problems, my hardrive is 3 years old and my SSD is 3 years old aswell.
The video cards was released 2010 october.
thats roughly 3 years ago
My pc havent been updated since i bought it, everything was bought december 2010, so its not entirely 3 years old

Squarekiddo

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
3rd update: im starting to get odd graphical glitches, like the slider to the right of a window is filled with odd green etc.