Which Build is better??

Shelbinger420

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
I am going to be replacing my old desktop with a new mid range gaming build and i wanted some feed back as i have two different Mobo and graphics card configs...(the psu's dont matter to me which ever is better, i like the seasonic looks but dont know how they are as a company)

Radeon Build:
Mobo:Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3
Graphics: MSI R7790 1GD5/OC
CPU: AMD FX-6300
Memory: G.Skill Sniper series (8GB)
PSU: Seasonic M12II 620w
Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker

nVida Build:
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
Graphics: Asus GTX650Ti 2GD5/OC
CPU: AMD FX-6300
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series (8GB)
PSU: Rosewill Capstone 550w
Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker

Let me know what you guys think of both builds, and no i wont switch to intel i dont care how much better they are then AMD, other than that any input would be awsome, thanks

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The two systems are pretty evenly matched for gaming. The Seasonic PSU is a slightly better (and more powerful) PSU than the Rosewill (no slouch, tho). The HD 7790 is a new card that hasn't had a lot of reviews yet. But it seems to be about the equal of the GTX 650ti OC. Here is a review of the HD 7790 vs the GTX 650ti BOOST which is a slight improvement on the 650ti OC: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/151579-nvidia-strikes-back-geforce-gtx-650-ti-boost-slams-into-amds-hd-7790
Both MBs are good. I doubt you could tell the difference between those two systems in real world gaming. I would probably opt for the one with the gtx 650ti OC because of the 2GB VRAM. I have a 2nd machine with that card and it is running with a lowly 3GHZ Athlon II X4 640. At 1080p, it can run any of my games at max/near max settings. Crysis 3 I had to back off to the high preset, and even then it had a slight stutter now and then. But with the FX-6300, you should get much better performance from it.

Shelbinger420

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
Ive been looking and think i am going to go with a GA-990FXA-UD5 instead of the UD3 or Sabertooth, i hear the UD5 is better the the sabertooth for about $10 cheaper right now, also i think i am going to go for the GTX650ti and the seasonic powersupply so it should look somthing like this:

Mobo: GA-990FXA-UD5
CPU: FX-6300
Mem: G.Skill Sniper (8GB)
GPU: GTX650Ti 2GB
PSU: Seasonic 620w
Case: CM Styker (white)

I im pretty confident that this should hold up to game for at least a year or two and hopefully AMD stays with there AM3+ socket then all i gotta do is upgrade my cpu down the road all in all this build comes to $776.94 all of newegg.com i use them cause i think there the best at RMA's and doing what they can to make anything right that might have gone wrong in shipping or other wise.. anyway its a couple weeks away before im gonna be able to order the parts but when i do i will post pictures of my build and let you all know how it handles games

and yes i am recycling my old dvd dive and HDD as well as my monitor keyboard and mouse

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If you are going with the stock 650ti, it will be a bit slower than the HD 7950 unless you O/C it I believe. The BOOST would be the way to go. Especially if you ever plan on adding a 2nd card. The 650ti can't be SLI'd.