I'm on a tight Budget so I Got a few questioins

Should i get a i3-3225

and upgrade to a i5-3570k/i7 later

or

AMD Fx XXXX?

jaggsta

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2012
Depends what you are doing with it. If you have Microcenter store around you they have cheapest price intel CPU's they lose money on the sale to get you in the door they are instore pick up only.

The i3 is a pretty similar price to an AMD FX6300

The FX will demolish the intel in games that can use all the cores ,and in online gaming , and it can be overclocked to give even more performance
Make sure you use a mb with a 9XX chipset

TimeLass

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
you want to pay more for electricity bills? go AMD.
Don't want to pay more? go Intel.
want better performance in games? Go Intel's core i5.
want to do some heavy rendering/editing/modelling? either AMD or Intel i5-3570K or i7
want to try overclocking a CPU crazily? go AMD.
want to do heavy encoding tasks? go Intel CPUs that comes with QuickSync ability and make sure you get a Z77 MB for that.

Unfortunately your information is mostly wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE&list=UUNovoA9w0KnxyDP5bGrOYzg&index=19

actually he is right to a certain degree

-amd will use more power. thats a fact. therefore increases your electricity bill. barely
-depends on the situation.
-so there is one test out of every other one (LinusTechTips made one for a response) that shows the amd fx beating the i5? im seeing it as a fluke as there arent other tests that show the same results. amd fx does however win when there is use of multi-threading (crysis 3 is a good example)
-budget rendering goes to amd. more intense rendering goes to the i7
-encoding is faster on the intel