• Memory
Last response: in Memory
April 11, 2013 3:22:41 AM

will corsair xms3 dominator 1333 work with i3-540

More about : memory work 540 asus maximus iii gene

April 11, 2013 3:29:29 AM

rockstar2013 said:

Both the motherboard and CPU are compatible with that speed.
April 11, 2013 6:01:50 AM

AZCompTech said:
rockstar2013 said:

Both the motherboard and CPU are compatible with that speed.

ok thank you I wouldn't usually ask but last time I got some ram and it didn't work so ended up giving it to my mate as birthday present
Related resources
April 11, 2013 9:33:12 AM

Go to asus and look for the memory support list of your motherboard, there you will see all the makes and models that were tested and are compatible.
April 11, 2013 11:18:49 AM

I_Am_Weasel said:
Go to asus and look for the memory support list of your motherboard, there you will see all the makes and models that were tested and are compatible.

I know the memory works with the motherboard the question was will that specific memory work with the processor because thats the problems I've had before but I thank you for your answer anyway
April 11, 2013 1:57:45 PM

That's strange, what kind of problems did you have with the memory ? Usually the very high ram frequencies cause problems with the CPU's IMC, the 1333 mhz ram (regardless of brand) are usually compatible with something like 95% of all the motherboards. I've built a lot of systems both Intel/AMD with most brands and types of motherboards but never came across incompatibility issues with standard 1333
April 11, 2013 2:45:55 PM

I_Am_Weasel said:
That's strange, what kind of problems did you have with the memory ? Usually the very high ram frequencies cause problems with the CPU's IMC, the 1333 mhz ram (regardless of brand) are usually compatible with something like 95% of all the motherboards. I've built a lot of systems both Intel/AMD with most brands and types of motherboards but never came across incompatibility issues with standard 1333

well the problem I kept on getting was that it wouldn't even start up it would do the normal bios beep then just come up memory problem or sometimes it would load up then I would get blue screen as soon as I took 1 of the sticks of ram out it was fine but I know the ram was fine because it worked with my friends i5 on his mb but now my mb has decided to pack up so that's why I've ordered maximus iii gene and just wanted to know whether the ram I'm looking at getting will work fine with my i3-540 because obviously I don't want to be stuck with rubbish standard ram especially when I play a lot of games
April 11, 2013 7:39:48 PM

There are a few possibilities why that happened none of them having to do with the CPU's integrated memory controller at least not at those frequencies, one of your motherboard's memory slots could have been busted if you say it was fine when you removed one module and the memory worked fine in your friend's pc or one of the settings in the bios was incorrect regarding timings,multiplier,whatever or simply the motherboard wasn't compatible with them or the size since you didn't specify how much. You shouldn't have any problems at all with the maximus iii if the memory you are after is on the support list.
April 12, 2013 2:10:52 AM

I_Am_Weasel said:
There are a few possibilities why that happened none of them having to do with the CPU's integrated memory controller at least not at those frequencies, one of your motherboard's memory slots could have been busted if you say it was fine when you removed one module and the memory worked fine in your friend's pc or one of the settings in the bios was incorrect regarding timings,multiplier,whatever or simply the motherboard wasn't compatible with them or the size since you didn't specify how much. You shouldn't have any problems at all with the maximus iii if the memory you are after is on the support list.

ok thank you and that could of been a possibility with one of the slots being busted as coke had been spilt on the mb and dried up and cleaned before I got it
!