Which monitor should I get, LCD or LED ?

zixx

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
Hi

I need to buy some monitor and don't know whether to get LCD or led that will provide me with clear and well contrasted picture. I'm currently using SyncMaster 206BW but it keeps blinking before it gets wwarmn so I need to change it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001095

i've got a weak eyesight and quality is very important for me. I don't want a screen to reflect any light and want black to look like black and not some graphite like color. At the same time I don't want to be dim. I use 1024x628 resolution, casue anything smaller is simply too small and cannot see the letters clearly.

i do play games from time to time and watch movies a lot so "ms" is important too. I've noticed that most LEDs have something around 5ms my old LCD got 2ms. I'm wondering if I should get LED if LCDs are faster ?

I'm willing to spend 223 $ tops.

ShindoSensei

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
and LED monitor is an LCD monitor with LED back light technology. It will be slimmer, provide better contrast and back-light, and produce more vivid screens with better color reproduction.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236305

Here's something that not only has 1ms respose time, but it's 200 (if you don't get it when the deal lasts) and it has pretty good contrast and speakers (if you cared).

Hope this helps! :D

Charith Arachchi

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013

I agree, I'm running 22" Acer monitors, and was a little unsure about the LED LCDs, but I now have 3 of them and think they're great! I was on a budget though, and ASUS was actually my first choice but I couldn't pass up the deal for mine :]

I was also worried about how dim or bright these would be, and how good the colors would be as well. I use the ECO preset and find that to be just right for me. The other presets were all a lot brighter and with richer colors, but I like the natural look the ECO setting gives.

Hope this helps!

Oh and my girlfriend loved mine so much she got herself a 20" LED LCD to use as well!

zixx

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
OK what do you think about TN LED made by Samsung and what's this dynamic contrast about?

Which one of these is the best :

S24B350H
S23A550
BX2431
BX2450L
BX2450
BX2331
XL2370
BX2350
BX2335

I'm really confused with all these models.

Mikeybananas

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
LCD is generally cheeper. And there really isnt much difference in the base models but the higer end leds have a lot more benifits. with you bugget I would wait and try snagging an ultra sharp led @ a higher res when the go on sale.

zixx

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
@Mikeybananas

well these Samsungs above are 22-24 inch LED screens and have 2ms. I don't need anything bigger and IPS from what I hear tend to be crappy for gaming. Mainly cause of lag and ghosting.