I am buying a custom rig with following configuration:
Core i5-3470
Asus P8Z77-V Mobo
Palit GTX 660 Ti Jetstream 2 GB
G Skill RipjawsX 8GB (2X4 GB) 1600 MHz
Seagate Baracuda 2TB 7200 rpm HDD
CM GX-550W PSU
CM Storm Enforcer Cabinet

I have two Cooler Master Megaflow 200mm Fan in my Case and I want to run it through the fan ports of Motherboard. Now my question is there any chance of overload of mobo due to these fans (1X120mm, 2X200mm = 3 fans excluding one processor fan)?

Again this mobo has a power input at the top portion beside the standard 12 pin connector. Is it necessary to connect it?

I also want to know that maintaining system stability during overclocking, can I install gpu in the second PCI-e port (middle one) of mobo?

This is my first build and I do not have much experience. I will only use single gpu setup in this rig with limited overclocking. I would be thankful for your help. If I have missed something then please ask me.............
thanks in advance................
Sorry for asking too many questions..

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Hi,

The fan headers can supply a max of 12W each (12V at 1 amp). So if those fans consume less each you should be okay. Don't use fan spliters and plug each fan into its own header.

As for the power connector - I think you are referring to the EPS 12V 8 pin. Yes, you must connect that.

-Raja