What percent is considered too high for CPU load?

Hi everyone,

Just curious to know if it's bad that my CPU is going to 70%-ish load when streaming. I have the Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 which have the exact same specs as the i7 3770 locked version.
6 answers Last reply
More about percent considered high cpu load
  1. NaiS said:
    Hi everyone,

    Just curious to know if it's bad that my CPU is going to 70%-ish load when streaming. I have the Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 which have the exact same specs as the i7 3770 locked version.


    Streaming what? That CPU is a beast and few programs should be able to push it that high.
  2. AZCompTech said:
    NaiS said:
    Hi everyone,

    Just curious to know if it's bad that my CPU is going to 70%-ish load when streaming. I have the Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 which have the exact same specs as the i7 3770 locked version.


    Streaming what? That CPU is a beast and few programs should be able to push it that high.



    Starcraft 2, and i use OBS to stream
  3. NaiS said:
    AZCompTech said:
    NaiS said:
    Hi everyone,

    Just curious to know if it's bad that my CPU is going to 70%-ish load when streaming. I have the Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 which have the exact same specs as the i7 3770 locked version.


    Streaming what? That CPU is a beast and few programs should be able to push it that high.



    Starcraft 2, and i use OBS to stream


    What setting are you streaming at? If you have it on high settings, this kind of CPU usuage isn't unheard of.

    Can you post your log file from OBS?

    The log folder can be accessed in the app via the Settings->Open Log Folder menu item. If you used the installer, you'll also have a link in your start menu folder for the application to open the log folder. You can also access the logs by typing %AppData%\OBS\logs into start/run. Make sure to close OBS before opening your log file.

    Then simply paste the contents of your log, and preferrably use the "Code" button option when posting here on the forums. You can also use pastebin.com as well if you wish. Do not use file download sites, as that will make me very unlikely to view it.
  4. AZCompTech said:
    NaiS said:
    AZCompTech said:
    NaiS said:
    Hi everyone,

    Just curious to know if it's bad that my CPU is going to 70%-ish load when streaming. I have the Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 which have the exact same specs as the i7 3770 locked version.


    Streaming what? That CPU is a beast and few programs should be able to push it that high.



    I can type it out for you here:

    Encoding:

    Quality: 10 Max Bitrate: 2300 Buffer: 1000

    Video:

    Custom: 1920x1080
    Resolustion Downscale: 1.50 (1280x720)
    FPS: 60
    Disable Aero on startup: Yes

    Advanced:

    Use Multithreaded Opt: Yes
    PPC: Normal
    x264 CPU Preset: fast

    Use CFR & CBR: no

    and thats pretty much it, i know my preset is what's making the load go up to 70% because I rely on the compression on my cpu to develop a smoother stream and it is without any pixelation when fast motion scenes. I talked to Jim about it and he said everything is fine.

    Starcraft 2, and i use OBS to stream


    What setting are you streaming at? If you have it on high settings, this kind of CPU usuage isn't unheard of.

    Can you post your log file from OBS?

    The log folder can be accessed in the app via the Settings->Open Log Folder menu item. If you used the installer, you'll also have a link in your start menu folder for the application to open the log folder. You can also access the logs by typing %AppData%\OBS\logs into start/run. Make sure to close OBS before opening your log file.

    Then simply paste the contents of your log, and preferrably use the "Code" button option when posting here on the forums. You can also use pastebin.com as well if you wish. Do not use file download sites, as that will make me very unlikely to view it.
  5. With those settings, the load on the CPU is very normal.
  6. AZCompTech said:
    With those settings, the load on the CPU is very normal.


    ok thanks ! thats all i wanted to know
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Processors CD-Rom CPUs SATA Cooling Xeon Quad Core Xeon Quad Motherboards Fan Speed USB Gaming Intel i7 Hard Drives Intel i5 RAM AMD Fan Graphics Cases Intel Keyboards SSD CD Drives Xeon Games Nvidia Heatsinks Graphics Cards Mice Radeon Streaming GPUs Monitors Fan Controller