What are these Black Squares?

NaiS

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Hi there!

So I notice these black squares appearing on my screen and was wondering what is the issue? Graphics card maybe?

I couldn't prnt scrn this so i had to take a picture.

Picture below:
YtFdEpf.jpg

csf60

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Do you have any voltages or clocks not at stock values?
Does it happen everytime, only with one application or randomly?
When did it start happening?
Did you change any hardware when it started?
Try changing monitor and gpu if you have spare ones somewhere, did it work?

NaiS

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

I messed around with clock settings, but I didn't mess around with it too much and just kept it stock right now.

It happens randomly and just started noticing it couple weeks ago? and it only happens on my main screen ( I have 3)

And I did not change hardware.

I dont have another monitor to change it with, BUT it did happen to my monitor on my right side. So most likely its a gpu problem.

Any ideas?

NaiS

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

Also, when i print screen, the squares are non existent, it looks normal. That's why i had to take a pic from my phone

csf60

Honorable
May 11, 2012

This is exactly why i think the problem is in the monitors or in the connections between them and the GPU, because if print screen looks fine it means the rendered frames of the GPU are all right. Making sense?
If you say the problem is not the monitor, and printscreen looks fine, your cables or outputs in your GPU might be wrong. Try changing how monitors are connected and see if a specific output is broken.
If not, your GPU's RAMDAC might be what is failing, that's why I would also try to change GPU.