2 monitors and single GPU?

gtxer

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
Hi everyone, this is my first post here, I need some help.

Im choosing the components for a gaming pc i´ll build, and im not sure how should I connect the monitor(s) to the GPU.

Im planning for now having 1 monitor, and then buying other one, but i want to have a single GPU. The monitor im planning to buy has one HDMI and one DVI-D input.

Im aiming for a Gigabyte GTX670 OC 4GB.

This GPU has got the following outputs:

1. ONE HDMI
2. ONE DVI-I
3. ONE DVI-D
4. ONE DisplayPort

So, if i get two of the monitors i´ve told you, how can i connect them to the gpu so i CAN GET FULL HD on both monitors?

Airm3n-1292454

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Well you need to tell some more information first. Resolution for one. What hz monitors are you buying. HDMI will only run at 60hz so if you are buying a 120hz or greater monitor you need displayport or a dual link dvi cable to connect to the monitor(s). Also gaming on two monitors isn't very fun since you'd be looking into the bezel for the majority of games out there. I think some strategy games like supreme commander I think i remember will let you have a minimap type thing open on one screen while play on the other.

gtxer

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
Yeah you are right. Just sat thinking and went for the GTX 680 2GB as i will not be using a multi monitor setup...

Airm3n-1292454

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Triple monitor gaming I find a lot of fun though. If you can swing it i'd highly recommend it. Especially in 3d though I can only usually play for about 2 hours at a time its a completely different experience than watching a 3d tv or 3d at a movie theatre. They look like card board popups compared to this :).

TRENDING THREADS