Just drive to MSI RMA? Yes? No?

-Thanatos

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
Hi! First of all, thank you for reading this! I sent my GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II Golden Edition to MSI for a replacement because one of the fans for my card kept buzzing and every time the buzzing occurs, the fan would spin just a tiny tiny bit. The buzzing has grown more aggressive and frequent each passing day.

I just realized that I only live about 45 miles from the location that I had RMA'd my card which is at 727 Brea Canyon Road, Suite 5 in Walnut, CA 91789. I believe that I am to wait for an e-mail asking me if I would like to replace my card with one of a similar or better model that they offer. When or if I do receive this e-mail and confirm to them that the specific card they wish to replace is okay...

...Do you think I could go and pick up the new card myself? Is this against their policy? I only live about 45 miles away as I mentioned. Lol, I mean I really would hate to wait for an extra week or maybe even 2 weeks (shudders), when I could get the new card in about 1-2 hours. This seems like a great opportunity for me to take, so I'm willing to do it if it's allowed.

Small note: Today is Sunday, April 14, 2013. I RMA'd my card on Friday, April 5, 2013. The MSI RMA tracking status has updated to "In Processing" at Thursday, April 11, 2013. 9 days total of waiting since this post.

Shipping back to you is quiet literally a day to you if you are that close. This is likely a processing center, before forwarding it, an actual RMA center, or something similar, but it will be a business with no front office or equipped for customer interaction. I can almost guarantee if you asked they'd say no, and if you showed up couldn't even find a way to get in the building. It WILL be access controlled like any business

Shipping from California by ground to Indiana is literally two or 3 days. Shipping from Illinois to Indiana by ground or ordering from Amazon, who has warehouses 100 miles away is same day on free ground shipping if I order right. Shipping from sapphire RMA from CA to here was 2-3 days....

You're imaging the 2 week bit. If it ships from there at all you'd have it in a day. If it doesn't you showing up there is a waste of time and gas, and a good way to annoy them.

9 days to get it shipped from them to wherever a tech is, or to get on a techs desk does not equal nine days to ship from you to them. They are just going to replace your fan and send it back anyway, not upgrade or replace it for one bad fan bearing