I think my OS has gone Kaputsky

lightboy26

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Ok apparently my OS might have fried itself but im not sure. when I start it it generally goes into, you have suffered unexpected shutdown screen, and i launch it in anyone of the several flavors, normal, safe, boot logger etc... the system always stops the system check at system 32 crcdisk. and then after a pause of about a min maybe a little more it goes to the Blue screen of god#%$@. So it restarts and etc.

For note this computer is an alienware 51 7500 I believe I have to check again. I have tried using the discs. the only one that seems to have an effect is the Alienware support disc, that brings me to the recovery/repair/restore menu. I have tried all the options, yes I have tried restore, all 20 points of them. I have tried startup repair, that is a no go. I have also tried system reinstall, but the computer will not recognize the recovery discs and reinstall from them. I have run on this computer to check what is on them and there is a copy of Vista SP1 but it just wont boot or load. i have even tried a blank HDD and still nothing. I have checked my BIOS, Cd-rom is my first boot choice and i see the command line that says BOOT FROM CD-ROM, but it doesn't prompt for keystroke like with the support CD.

Im not sure what to do anymore, I dont know if this is just HDD failure OS corruption or maybe the MOBO is on its last legs. I don't care about my files, there is nothing of importance on it since I have all my files on separate External Disk Drives. I just want it to boot, I was looking at overhaul any way because of its age, would now be a good time? And in what order would I need to do it?

I was looking to upgrade the OS to win 7 and upgrade my MOBO and CPU, not so soon but no time like the present, so where should I start first? Do buy the OS and then upgrade MOBO and CPU or vice versa?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks

lightboy26

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Well to add more fuel to the fire, now the computer wont even turn on. so I guess that means it was the MOBO. I ve checked the PSU with its test button it powers up fine and I made sure the Power Button wasn't stuck. So I guess it might have been it's time, now im worried that it might have done something to the GPU. T_T