i5 3570k at idle !

bobleeswagger666

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
my i5 3570k at idle is running at 3800mhz or 3.8ghz !!!! WHY ????? there is no load but still it is running on 3800mhz !! please help someone !! even the power settings are on balanced and i have not overclocked anything !! i am using an asrock z77 pro4 mobo !! i had built this pc on jan 17 earlier it used to be on 1600mhz on idle but now its on 3800mhz idle !! today i formated my pc and these are the results !! please help someone ....

ihog

Distinguished

Not at idle. It should be running at 1.6 GHz.

OP, is Speed Step enabled? What about C1E stepping? What are you using to monitor your frequency?

Also, you can try updating your bios, or if you have the latest one, reinstall it.

Reddax

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012

Perhaps some kind of power saving feature needs to be enabled? seems like windows is set onto "High Performance" in power options or something alike.

bobleeswagger666

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

k so now listen the problem is not the frequency that i discovered ... i have noticed that when my pc is idle like no software or anything running it is fluctuating between 12-15 % load !! (for what ?? idk) and due to this load tearing voice comes from my audio devices(any device whether its headphones earphones or speakers ... and i have tried all sound softwares along with the settings nothing works) and after some time it returns back to normal like maybe after 6-7 hours it begins to show 1%-2% of cpu load on idle and the sound comes out to be perfect !!! idk my pc was working fine since jan 16 2013 but now all of a sudden im facin this problem :/ ... do u guys think it can be my psu ??? im using a cooler master extreme rs700 psu ... somone told me that it can be a psu problem !