Building Gaming PC

buccsfan22

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
Hey everyone. This is the first time I am building a PC and I am looking for any reassurance or suggestions. I went to pcpartpicker and it seems the parts I have chosen are all compatible. These are the parts I have picked out so far:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus P8H77-I Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V

This is pretty much my budget (700-800) but I am open to any suggestions. It will be used mostly for gaming. Anything I should change/anywhere I could save a little money without sacrificing too much performance?

The main games I want to play (for now at least) are DayZ, Bioshock Infinite, and GTA 4. Will this build be able to play these games at high (not max) settings?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for any help.

It looks OK, I assume you want an ITX board for a reason. You mey be better pending a bit more on the GPU and a bit less on the CPU. A 500W PSU will be fine as well. Also you are getting a K series chip on a board that cannot overclock.

why the ITX rig? if you are going to put it in something like a prodigy, its smarter to go with matx in that case since they are about the same size in the end

also to note, h77 does not support overclocking.