Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

AMD Expands Never Settle: Reloaded' Bundle with Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Last response: in News comments
Share
April 14, 2013 9:10:54 PM

Got my 7790 Saturday with this and Bioshock for 110 after rebate, got to love this bundling program. I just hope AMD is actually making a respectable profit, Bioshock infinity is $60 while the 7790 is only $150.
Score
5
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
April 14, 2013 9:32:05 PM

the1kingbob said:
Got my 7790 Saturday with this and Bioshock for 110 after rebate, got to love this bundling program. I just hope AMD is actually making a respectable profit, Bioshock infinity is $60 while the 7790 is only $150.


AMD doesnt pay full price for the games from the devs. they work with the devs on maximizing performance with their gpus, in return, AMD is allowed to market their game and use it as a promo. It shaves off a good amount of marketing cost for the devs, of course in return, makes users want to buy a gpu more.
Score
4
Related resources
April 14, 2013 10:07:28 PM

I find it funny that 2 of those bundles give you just the DLC but not the full game. What if they don't have FC3? I would much rather have the full game than a DLC for a game I don't have :/ 
Score
-6
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2013 10:17:36 PM

Immoral Medic said:
I find it funny that 2 of those bundles give you just the DLC but not the full game. What if they don't have FC3? I would much rather have the full game than a DLC for a game I don't have :/ 


Damn this quoting thing is annoying. anyways, Blood Dragon is a Stand-alone DLC. Meaning you don't require FC3 to play it. Sort of like AOE2 The Conquerors Expansion.
Score
6
April 14, 2013 10:37:32 PM

It just seems like AMD have been doing everything right this year. Great games & marketing (surprising from them). Lets hope don't drop the ball from their big players (Steamroller APUs and/or CPUs) at the end of the year.
Score
8
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
April 15, 2013 6:16:25 AM

Will this include the users in the original never settle program? I bought my GPU in November and got Far Cry 3, Sleeping dogs, and Hitman Absolution with it in the bundle. Probally not...
Score
-3
April 15, 2013 7:34:47 AM

sincreator said:
Will this include the users in the original never settle program?

"everyone who redeems or has redeemed their coupons for "Never Settle: Reloaded" will receive a key via email for Blood Dragon."
Score
0
April 15, 2013 7:56:53 AM

Just got the MSI 7850 this morning from newegg. Came with FC3 Blood Dragon, TR and Bioshock Infinite. 14% off and a $20 mail-in-rebate :)  It was $220 now $189 (minus the MIR), pretty good deal. Just a heads up for yall.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Side Note - Why cant i post from the web page the article is on?! I keep getting "an error has occurred" nice guys, very informative :|
Score
1
April 15, 2013 9:37:42 AM

I'm really looking forward to Metro Last Light as well. Nothing beats having options for receiving good games with your next GPU purchase no matter which manufacturer you choose (none of that free-to-play game stuff).
Score
0
April 15, 2013 12:14:08 PM

Far from an "unqualified success". A lot of people including myself, got bogus Crysis 3 codes when we registered our cards and had to wait a while with barely any feedback from AMD. Others had problems with other games as well, but from a consumer experience many people felt AMD dropped the ball. And the response, "but it's free games, so you can't complain" is not applicable - the games were a part of the card purchasing experience so they count as part of AMD's obligation to provide quality customer service.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
April 15, 2013 5:45:27 PM

Not really sure why my original comment is getting rated down. There was and still is a lot of stuttering/crashing going on with AMD hardware in Far Cry 3 even with workarounds such as radeon pro tool, and forcing V-sync from the control panel. I just figured it would of been nice of AMD to give out keys for Blood Dragon as some sort of apology/compensation to the customers in the original "never settle" program.

Guess that won't be the case though. Their moderator just responded in a thread with this: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=443&th...

AMD values the loyalty of all its customers and we have been thrilled with the success of the Never Settle, and Never Settle: Reloaded promotions. However, due to the limited quantity of game-keys provided to AMD, the difficult decision to make Far Cry® 3: Blood Dragon available only to customers of the Never Settle: Reloaded promotion had to be made.

;Marc(forum moderator)



If that's the case, how about a proper driver release AMD for this 5 month old game now? Ridiculous that they haven't done anything about it yet, after all this time.
Score
0
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
April 15, 2013 5:55:24 PM

sincreator said:
Not really sure why my original comment is getting rated down. There was and still is a lot of stuttering/crashing going on with AMD hardware in Far Cry 3 even with workarounds such as radeon pro tool, and forcing V-sync from the control panel. I just figured it would of been nice of AMD to give out keys for Blood Dragon as some sort of apology/compensation to the customers in the original "never settle" program.

Guess that won't be the case though. Their moderator just responded in a thread with this: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=443&th...

AMD values the loyalty of all its customers and we have been thrilled with the success of the Never Settle, and Never Settle: Reloaded promotions. However, due to the limited quantity of game-keys provided to AMD, the difficult decision to make Far Cry® 3: Blood Dragon available only to customers of the Never Settle: Reloaded promotion had to be made.

;Marc(forum moderator)


Its not only with AMD cards, Games by Ubisoft in general were very slow to update their games properly. Both AC3 and FC3 had slow updates that sucked performance out of high end systems. AMD Dev even commented that a good chunk of problems was on the Dev side and not the driver side.
Score
1
!