I bent pins on my 1100t CPU but i fixed them will it still work?

Twiglet31

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
Hey all

Like the title says i bent some pins on the back of my 1100t but i fixed them as in bent them back to correct position and i fitted it into the my motherboard and it fits into the socket YAY! happy days but i have no way of testing to see if the CPU works still, i have told aslong as it fits inside the CPU socket on the Mboard ity should work

Side note: i have taken the CPU out of the socket just to see if the pins and just re bent but they didn't now its sitting in the mboard

Thanks for all replies

CraftRiot

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

I believe he's paranoid considering that if there was a not connected pin, it may fry the CPU.

Twiglet31

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013

Did you not read what i wrote i have no way of testing it!

Twiglet31

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013

Let me just say this i want to know will it work yes or no?

twelve25

Distinguished
UNfortunately the best answer I can give is "Probably". If it was a simple bend and straighten, then usually it works. If you tore the metal a little bit or the pins aren't perfectly straight, you could break it off during install.

That said, I've bent my share of CPU pins (especially the longer pins on older Pentiums) and I was always able to get it to work again by straightening with the end of a mechanical pencil.

Twiglet31

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013

I have straightened them out nothing broke off while i was doing this so im good there and they are straight enough to go back into the Mboard so do you reckon theres more chance it will work

CraftRiot

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

I believe that was quite a rude answer, so I shall make this quite harsh too, might be a foolish and a childish act, but, heh.

> What do you mean "no way of testing it," you have a motherboard, and it fits in it.

twelve25

Distinguished

Odds are in your favor.

EchoOne

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Theres a very High chance it will work,If it was just bent a litte and you straightned it out,You will be good.Ive bent so many pins on those amd chips.But as long as its still connected to the CPU it will be good! Good luck!

rmpumper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009

Exactly. It seems that he himself did not read his own post.