Should I hold off buying a gpu until the next generation of gpu's and cpu's release

George Bot

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
I'm building a gaming PC and I wondered if I should wait until the next generation GPU's and CPU's releases (I have a laptop and an X-box I could play on until i make one) or just bite the bullet now and go ahead.
I was thinking of the I5-3570k and the HD 7970 3gb Sapphire GHz edition overclocked

ihog

Distinguished
You'll be happy with the performance of that. For gaming, that CPU is great when overclocked and you won't see much of an increase in performance with Haswell. And the 7970 is great as well.

AZCompTech

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
Well, there wont be any new GPU's until late this year. AMD is supposed to be releasing its HD 8000 series sometime close to December. As far as CPU's, AMD just released its FX-X300 series CPU's. They are very good and give more bang for your buck. Intel is releasing its new CPU line named Hanswell sometime this summer.

If you absolutely have to have the best, then wait for the new Intel CPU's. But know that you will have old stuff within a few months after buying. The computer market improves so fast its hard to stay on top with the latest and greatest, unless you have deep pockets. I would just go ahead and buy what you plan to get now and not put so much worry in what is to come. The parts you picked should be able to handle any game coming out in the next few years.