UK vs US

So it seems like the forum and the news comment threads and so on are (still) split into US and UK parts. Is this intentional?

It's really annoying, and I don't think it makes sense to split the community this way. Especially when the site sometimes chucks you from one to the other without telling you, making it seem like posts have disappeared.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
US/UK news commentary is split, yes, because sometimes there are articles that appear in the UK that don't appear in the US and vice versa. You can, however, view both commentary sections through forum view. If you are situated in the UK or Europe, you should be using the UK version by default, to keep from bumping into any irregularities in terms of commenting.

I have had this as well, you post a comment on a news item and there are a few other answers, later you hit the same link and get a totally different set of answers and all your posts are gone. Switching to forum view didn't make any difference as it just links to the other mirror's forum.
I'm not sure if its happened on the new forum yet however.

Mac :)

Yeah it was article comments that made me open the thread. Good to hear there's more work going on. I still dislike the idea of (partially) separating the UK and US forums/sites though, it seems unnecessary (the internet has no oceans).