antec kuhler 620 good for this computer?

E-machines

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
Hello, i am new to this forum and i'm not sure if i'm in the right category, but anyways,

i have a older (2006) E-machines T5212 with a pentium D 2.66 ghz cpu, that im upgrading to the pentium D 3.4ghz just because i want to see if i can get more performance, ahh what the heck it costed me $25 so its worth a shot lol.
now i know that these processors run pretty hot (my computer shut itself off before due to heat) and i am wondering if the antec Kuhler 620 will be adequate for me? i don't really want a big giant heat sink and fan, and i think i will have to mount the radiator on top of the tower , which isnt a big deal to me and plus it'd be kinda cool , and it wont be in the heat of the other computer components.
the kuhler 620 is VERY cheaply priced now on sale for $57 free shipping .

anyways guys let me know if i should get it

You really don't need water cooling for what your planning. An Evo 212 and good case air flow will do you just fine. A couple of 120's up front for intake and one 120 at the rear for exhaust and you should be good to go. Just remember to keep the dust bunnies under control.

Mark

E-machines

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013

im afraid about space, forgot to mention that. the antec cooler block is pretty small

Yep - understand. I just looked up your machine, and the case is really tiny - I think the Kuhler would be a real biotch to get in there.

If I remember right, the 212 is about 160mm tall. Take the time to measure your case clearance - check the size of the 212 and see if it will fit. If the 212 won't fit, take a look at the CoolerMaster Gemini here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=35-103-177&Tpk=35-103-177