Which case: corsair 550d, 500r, or fractal R4?

mrbowler

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I am building a new gaming PC, and I am trying to decide on what case to get: the Corsair 550D, Corsair 500R, or Fractal Design R4. I don't plan to do too much overclocking, but I may have a 2 video card SLI setup in the near future. I want to try to keep my computer fairly silent which is why I have the R4 and 550D on the list, but I am concerned about airflow. Which case do you recommend I get? Thanks!

mrbowler

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

I like the Fractal R4, but it might be a bit much to lug it around to a lan party. The weight is really the only issue I see with that case.

The Silverstone TJ08B-E is IMO the best for LAN parties. Light weight and well-built. It has nice finishing touches like the lift for the cooler to prevent it from putting stress on the motherboard as you carry it, a cushion right under the GPU to prevent it from wobbling. The only issue is that it's MicroATX. But if that is enough, I'd definitely choose this case. It has also has amazing air cooling potential if you remove the HDD drive cages and just mount your HDD/SSD in the optical bay slot.