Sign in with
Your question

How do I convert my RAW USB back to NTFS file system

Last response: in Storage
April 16, 2013 3:51:27 PM

Recently, I made the USB (8 gb) bootable to launch Windows 7 on my new PC. I need to know how to convert it back to its original settings so I can use it as a storage device again. Thanks in advance!

The file system is stuck on RAW, and I need it on NTFS.

- I have tried formatting it, but it gives me an error saying "Windows is unable to complete the format".

- I have also tried running Chkdsk on it and it gives me an error "The type of the file system is RAW. CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives."

The only files I have on it are WIN 7 installation files, which I do not need anymore.
August 30, 2013 4:15:32 AM

Silentxninja said:
Recently, I made the USB (8 gb) bootable to launch Windows 7 on my new PC. I need to know how to convert it back to its original settings so I can use it as a storage device again. Thanks in advance!

The file system is stuck on RAW, and I need it on NTFS.

- I have tried formatting it, but it gives me an error saying "Windows is unable to complete the format".

- I have also tried running Chkdsk on it and it gives me an error "The type of the file system is RAW. CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives."

The only files I have on it are WIN 7 installation files, which I do not need anymore.

Related resources
August 30, 2013 4:22:03 AM

goto command prompt (CMD)
then type: format F: /P:0
then press enter
F: is my flash drive.
!