System keeps rebooting

Lmkmdj17

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
My dell with windows 7 just keeps rebooting over and over. I have done a factory restore on it and it still won't stay running.

Had you made any changes to the system before the constant reboots started? Are you able to get into Windows at all (safe mode or normal startup)? If yes, this may help: http://www.877geeksonsite.com/computer-repair-blog/computer-repair/why-is-my-computer-constantly-rebooting/
If no, I would start with the RAM. It could be a memory module has failed. You can try removing on stick at a time to see if you can find the "bad" one. Please post a reply if that doesn't help.

Lmkmdj17

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
No changes were made unless it was and auto update. The thing is i have two of the same computers and the very next day the other computer just randomly started powering its self off and on again. It does this until you hold the power button and force it to turn off

tbowman

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
if you can get into Safe Mode, right click on Computer and choose properties, then advanced settings and click on settings next to Startup and Recovery, untick Automatically restart.
The next time it will probably blue screen, post what it says here.
edit*** sorry just noticed the first answer has a link that has all this :)

tbowman

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013

are you plugging in the same hardware, ie printer, external hard drive etc, if so, unplug everything then plug each one in one at a time until it reboots, then you'll know what is causing it