Is my PC good for gaming? I'm having issues.

Noel Punu

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
I mean no compatibility issues at all? My PC keeps restarting/crashing/blue screen when I play games such as FC3 and Borderlands 2. I have already installed all the latest Nvidia Drivers, .Net Frameworks, C++ Redistributables 2005-2008-2010/SP1.

PC specs:

CPU: i7 3770 3.4Ghz
MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M Pro
GPU: Palit Geforce GTX 680 4GB Jetstream
RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz
HDD: 1TB
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Seidon 120mm
PSU: Cooler Master M2 Silent Pro 720watts

Please help... :??:

KAIJER

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
first of all, your system is pretty high end for maxing out any kind of game available in the market right now with a 20" monitor .

now about your issues - [ restarting/crashing/blue screen ]

looks like overheating is the main culprit here. are you sure your cpu cooler and system fans are working fine? did you overclocked your CPU and Graphics card?

Noel Punu

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013

Nope, it's all stock clocked.. But now for some reason, I'm not crashing when playing high-end games anymore. After changing some things in the BIOS, where there was a choice to make the system Energy Saver Mode or to Normal Mode and to Turbo Mode. It was on Turbo Mode when I first played w/ those games but when I chose Normal Mode, no more Crashes/Blue Screens/Restarts. I think this solves it.

I got another little problem, though... My gameplay is stuttering (UPDATE: I got the word now, it's Tearing, lol I just knew it right now) a little, like there are horizontal lines appearing in the screen when I move the mouse or my game character and also on cutscenes... and sometimes there would be dark edges/shadows that will appear on NPCs... Is 50C+ degrees in temperature normal for my type of GPU when gaming?