Having slight usb issues

xsxbrownxsx

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
I have been having an issue with my USB ports ever since I built my PC. I'm not entirely sure where to put the post, so please inform me if I am in the wrong forum.

Anyways, I have a dolby surround sound pair of headphones, that are required to be plugged into a USB port, to receive power. Pretty typical scenario. The issue though, is that they do not power the headset. The headset is on, but it makes a really high pitched, continuous sound. I have had this issue with two different pairs of headsets, both different brands (Astro A40s and Razer Tiamat 7.1). Also, my phone being plugged into a USB port does not charge, as well.

My makeshift solution, is just plugging the headset into an iphone wall charger, but it can be pretty inconvenient, and I would like my USBs to work as they should. This is an issue on all 12 USBs on the back of my PC, and the 4 on the front of my PC. Whether it be USB 2.0 or 3.0.

Another piece of additional information, I have several USB items working on the PC, including my Razer Naga Epic mouse. Its a wireless mouse, but the dongle charging station is plugged into a USB on the back of my computer. The mouse both functions wirelessly, and it charges when rested on the dongle. I have other various pieces working that are plugged into USBs, they are just not powering my headphones.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

-Jake