Parameter is incorrect when changing password

tbowman

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
When I try to change my windows password on a Windows 7 pc I get Parameter is incorrect, the computer is on a domain and there is a password policy in place to change every 90 days, it has worked fine in the past. This is the only machine that has this problem.
I press ctrl-alt-del and choose "Change Password" but keep getting that message.
Any ideas?
Tom

Joe67

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
You could change the password policy to allow a change now instead of every 90 days. Are you running as admin ?

tbowman

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Hi guys
the problem isnt the policy as it has been working fine for years (I implemented it as I am the sys admin), it is only recently that this one machine (out of 250) has started seeing this problem, the other machines are fine, the user account that I'm trying to change is not an admin account it is a domain user account, I've tried changing the password through AD and setting the "user must change password at next logon" but still the same, USAFret, the problem is not the network it is, I think, machine related

tbowman

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013

Tried that and get the same, thats why I came to the conclusion it's the PC rather than the account, I've seen this before and normally putting the domain name before the username fixes it but no joy this time