How hard is it to get beta testers for a browser based strategy game I'm developing?

Just curious how difficult it really is to get traffic to your website, simply because I've tried through social networking but I'm obviously failing pretty hardcore. Here's the info below if interested and could possibly spread the word?

Sol Source Beta v1.0a - Browser Based Strategy Game (No Download)
http://solsourcegame.us

We're currently seeking beta testers for our brand new browser based strategy "Sol Source".
Any feedback, comments, suggestions will be gladly accepted!

Description:

Sol Source is a game in which players throughout the galaxy of Sol (9 Planets) reign terror, make alliances
and bargain their way to the top of the ranks for ultimate control of Sol. Build your colony however you wish!
Are you a penny pincher? Start a galactic economic change! Are you a destroyer? WRECK THE GALAXY!
Each server hosts 1,000 players which makes for the perfect environment to get recognized throughout the interverse.

Requirements:

Simple Math Skills
Web Browser (IE, Mozilla, Chrome, Opera | Tested OK)

Sol Source Features:

Tick-Based (10 Minutes)
5 Main Resources
3 Races - (Advena, Neo-Idaltu, Genos)
10 Unique fleet ships per class
10+ Structures
9 Planets - Players Location
8 Research Items
3 War Generals - 3 Attacks every 30 minutes
In-Game Messaging, News & Colony Reporting
Confederations (Teams/Alliances)
Precise Economy
Player vs. Player Only
2 answers Last reply
More about hard beta testers browser based strategy game developing
  1. you just made it easy by coming here. advertising you have a beta is a good way to get testers. problem is its the quality of testers.
    you will need good feedback and the majority of beta testers wont bother. if your programming the game in a specific language then look on the language forums and see if you can pick up a few volunteers.
    also if drm and security are an issue you may not want to publicly test for fear of piracey. but i guess your asking here means your ok if your games goes free in the beta.

anyways good luck
  2. HEXiT said:
    you just made it easy by coming here. advertising you have a beta is a good way to get testers. problem is its the quality of testers.
    you will need good feedback and the majority of beta testers wont bother. if your programming the game in a specific language then look on the language forums and see if you can pick up a few volunteers.
    also if drm and security are an issue you may not want to publicly test for fear of piracey. but i guess your asking here means your ok if your games goes free in the beta.

anyways good luck

Thank you for the timely response :) The game is fairly secure from what I've tested and verified through forms. Mainly developed in HTML/CSS/PHP/MySQL so shouldn't be too high of security threats if any.

Are there any specific forums or groups on the web that you know off the top of your head for recruiting players/beta testers?
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Browsers Social Networking Gaming Video Games