Sign in with
Your question

Corsair vengeance blue on Asus M4A785TD V EVO

Last response: in Memory
April 17, 2013 7:05:56 AM

HI GUYS, JUST GOT A NEW RIG WITH M4A785TD V EVO MOBO, AMD PHENOM II X4 955 AND CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB). I LEART THE MOTHERBOARD SUPPORTS DDR3 1600MHZ IN OC MODE BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO CONFIGURE IT. CURRENTLY, THE RAM RUNS AT A SPEED OF 1333MHZ. SO JUST WONDERING HOW TO MAKE IT RUN AT THE RAMS FULL SPEED OF 1600MHZ. THANKS
April 17, 2013 8:24:38 AM

I am not sure if the increase will give any noticeable performance increase however you should max out the frequency of the ram, in your case that would be 1,8GHz.

I will guide you through based from this thread: Easy guide to unlock AMD Phenom II CPU : ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO at techpower forums and pcstats' article. Since I have never dealt with overclocking in any way take my instruction with a grant salt, I am referring to the change of the value of "Memclock Value".

You will need to go to the BIOS, go to "advanced", cpu configuration, find "Advanced Clock Calibration" and enable it on "auto", now enable "Unleashing Mode", now you will need to go to "Memory Timing and Voltage", Turn "Memory Clock Mode" to "Manual" and change "Memclock Value" to 800 ( the frequency that the ram have is the given GHz/2 - dual channel ram, meaning that ram running at 1,6GHz is actually running at 800Mhz).

Anyone who has this motherboard can says it's right.
Related resources
!