Video Cable/TV issues? Or just User Error. Help please

rowin

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
I was wondering if anyone can give some insight or help with the problem that I am running into.

I have the following equipment.

* 50' VGA cable.
* 3' VGA cable - standard cable that comes in a new monitor box.
* Asus Computer monitor. VW224
* Sony Bravia (model # - KDL-55EX500)
* Lenovo T510- updated graphics drivers

Sony TV is wall mounted with a conference table infront of it. The 50' VGA is going from behind the TV up into the ceiling, across the room, down the wall, under the floor, then up through the floor and comes out a hole we cut into the conference
table.

I plug the 50' VGA cable into the Lenovo T510's VGA port and made sure that it is screwed into the TV so that it can't fall out and lose signal. The TV says there is no signal from VGA. I unscrewed the VGA cable from the TV and unplugged it from the Lenovo. I took my laptop to the TV and hooked it up to it via the 3' VGA and the picture pushed over immediately.

Now I'm thinking the 50' is DOA, but to do some further testing i decided to put the laptop back on the table and hook up the VGA to the computer. I took the Asus computer monitor and hooked it up to the 50' VGA cable that is sitting behind the TV. The image comes immediately to the Asus monitor.

So.... What could be going on. The 50' works with a small monitor but not a larger one? Weird because it has worked the day prior after installing it but not 2 days after... Any thoughts or ideas would help. I have tried and tested the things that I can think of.

This is the only other info that I could find online to try and I have but it has not worked.

*** To view PC content, set “Scene Select” to “Graphics,” “Wide Mode” to “Full,” and “Display Area” to “Full Pixel.” I don't think this will impact the input, but it's worth trying, then reboot the PC with the external display turned on and having it connected to the VGA cable.

Supported resolutions are:
640/48
800/600
1024/768
1280/1024
and 1920/1080 (if your TV is the HD model) ***

rowin

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013

Answer - yes i plugged in a normal length VGA and the it worked. We used to have a 33' cable but it wasn't a clean and organized installation. They had it just from the back of the computer and hanging down the wall and tossed on the TV. That worked perfect.

USAFRet

Titan
OK
TV set to accept input, laptop outputting. 50' VGA cord works "sometimes'.

Possible bad cable ends? Connect it to something where it works. The Asus monitor, maybe. Wiggle both ends of the cable and see if the picture drops out.

rowin

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013

I had done that and works perfect and immediately when plugged into the Asus. I only had an image on TV once via the 50' VGA. But can get it every time on the Asus Monitor or any monitor that we have here. I can get it every time with the 3' VGA on the TV. Just not the 50'. Thats why I'm stumped