Microsoft Rolling Out Two-Step Security Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Does this cover Skydrive? And are the items in the cloud going to be fully encrypted? Currently skydrive data isn't encrypted at rest (only during transmission) so if their servers get hacked, so does your data.

Timmy225

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
Next up MS will offer no used games, always on internet and camera (spyware) required to play anything and pay to play Xbox live with no Blue Ray drive on their upcoming Crapbox 720.

Alternatively you can just not link your desktop to an online account. Which sounded idiotic to me in the first place. Nor will I trust important financial data to the cloud. I'm just waiting for the day when we start hearing reports of how hackers gained a back door access to Skydrive, Google drive, &c. Then spent weeks or months undetected sifting through petabytes of personal data of millions of people. Building the penultimate list for identity theft.
Sure my computer is no more secure except by obscurity. My computer is some pointless little trifle sitting in the recesses of the Internet. While these companies are great shining beacons attracting hordes of hackers from around the world. Existing in a state of constant siege. With thousands of attackers constantly searching out cracks in their fortifications.
The only way I would even consider trusting data is if it was fully encrypted on their end. Meaning if I lost the password the data would be irretrievably lost. Just like files encrypted on my desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.