Radeon 7570 Isn't Being Detected?

The card is in fine, the fan runs...but neither windows nor the Catalyst Driver will detect it. I can't find a single driver for it anywhere. Somebody replied to an earlier thread saying it was an oem card, so AMD doesn't make the drivers, but I really don't know. Does anyone know where in the world I could find a working driver for this that doesn't just install blank folders?

P.S. Not entirely sure what card it is, is there a difference between Radeon 7570 and Radeon HD 7570?
17 answers Last reply
More about radeon 7570 detected
  1. 7570 is a re-badged 6570. You can try installing the drivers for the 6xxx series and see if that works.

    The PC or card manufacturer should have the drivers though.
  2. Spaniard United said:
    7570 is a re-badged 6570. You can try installing the drivers for the 6xxx series and see if that works.

    The PC or card manufacturer should have the drivers though.


    It just takes me to the same page each time, no matter what product I choose? The cataltst suit doesn't work at all:
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx
  3. Have you tried their autodetect and install?
  4. Spaniard United said:
    Have you tried their autodetect and install?


    "We were unable to find your OS or product"
  5. If card was part of a PC purchased from a retailer, then they should have your drivers. Dell, HP, etc. Check their support pages.
  6. Spaniard United said:
    If card was part of a PC purchased from a retailer, then they should have your drivers. Dell, HP, etc. Check their support pages.


    This card was given to me, it was originally used in a Dell XPS 8500, and it looks like to the only way to get a driver with Dell is through selecting a Dell product...which I don't have.
  7. Is there a way to find the driver for a 7570 on Dell's site without having a Dell computer?
  8. Yeah just get rid of it, it really is a weak card anyways.

    Snag a Radeon HD 7750 or maybe a GT 640.

    Any less than that and you might as well keep the 7570 and keep digging for drivers.
  9. Spaniard United said:
    Yeah just get rid of it, it really is a weak card anyways.

    Snag a Radeon HD 7750 or maybe a GT 640.

    Any less than that and you might as well keep the 7570 and keep digging for drivers.


    Ugh I'm scared to buy this GT 440, I've been through 3 graphics cards and none of them have worked. I hate stupid HP :/
  10. shhkapuppy said:
    Is there a way to find the driver for a 7570 on Dell's site without having a Dell computer?


    support.dell.com , choose home user, and than you can download drivers. you can select the model of the pc it came in without needing the service tag.
  11. sk8er88 said:
    shhkapuppy said:
    Is there a way to find the driver for a 7570 on Dell's site without having a Dell computer?


    support.dell.com , choose home user, and than you can download drivers. you can select the model of the pc it came in without needing the service tag.


    Nothing there that would work. Trying graphics cards is just pointless with this computer, I'm not sure I'll even get the GT440...
  12. Windows>Start>control panel>hardware & sound>device manager>display adaptors>properties>update driver>search online for> instead of search this computer. maybe that is worth a shot. Let it install if it can find something.
  13. ur6beersaway said:
    Windows>Start>control panel>hardware & sound>device manager>display adaptors>properties>update driver>search online for> instead of search this computer. maybe that is worth a shot. Let it install if it can find something.


    Thing is...the card isn't there. Just Standard VGA Adaptor.
  14. Hi, the AMD Radeon HD 7570 is an OEM video card. It is not supported directly by AMD website. The drivers are provided by HP or DELL websites (the only PC makers in the U.S.A. that use this card) As of March 9th 2013, the latest driver version of HD 7570 for windows 8 is from 21-09-2012. I'm sorry but for OEM video cards versions you are at the mercy of HP or DELL for drivers updates in the US. Pick Dell XPS 8500 on their site That is the driver your after.
  15. ur6beersaway said:
    Hi, the AMD Radeon HD 7570 is an OEM video card. It is not supported directly by AMD website. The drivers are provided by HP or DELL websites (the only PC makers in the U.S.A. that use this card) As of March 9th 2013, the latest driver version of HD 7570 for windows 8 is from 21-09-2012. I'm sorry but for OEM video cards versions you are at the mercy of HP or DELL for drivers updates in the US. Pick Dell XPS 8500 on their site That is the driver your after.


    Did do that, got nowhere. The only card I'll try now is the GT440. I have a 300w PSU from HP (which I've heard is crap) but a big question I have is: Will this card work without it being plugged into the power supply?
  16. The gt440 will slove the problem as it is a retail (not oem) card. The 300w psu should work (it says minimum). I guess it gets its power from the pcie slot itself as I can't find any mention of a need for a cable.
    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-440-channel/specifications
  17. ur6beersaway said:
    The gt440 will slove the problem as it is a retail (not oem) card. The 300w psu should work (it says minimum). I guess it gets its power from the pcie slot itself as I can't find any mention of a need for a cable.
    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-440-channel/specifications


    Ok thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Fan Catalyst Radeon Graphics