Windows 8 Upgrade Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

computeramatur

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Hello, I have this Dell Precision T3400 and I wanted to ask if I can upgrade it to Windows 8. Will it remove any drivers? If so, are there any drivers unless it's in Dell?

Solution
You can go to the Microsoft web site and use the Windows 8 evaluation tool to see if your computer passes for the upgrade. If it does pass and you decide to go ahead with the upgrade you will have to get drivers for your components.
With a Dell computer you have but to go to the Dell support site and enter in your express service code and that will bring up your computer and all it's spec's. You can also check out if your computer is capable of the Windows 8 upgrade and see what parts you have that require drivers, Windows 8 will have some selection of drivers with it and if you need others you can go to the manufacturers support web page to see if they have Windows 8 drivers.
Upgrading to Windows 8 will require new drivers for your components. Dell will have some and what they don't have you may have to search for at the support sites of those parts.

computeramatur

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

Hi Inzone!
I searched up the express code from my desktop and I cannot see any specs saying that it's compatible with Win8. I saw some drivers but it doesn't say any windows versions.

You can go to the Microsoft web site and use the Windows 8 evaluation tool to see if your computer passes for the upgrade. If it does pass and you decide to go ahead with the upgrade you will have to get drivers for your components.

Solution

computeramatur

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

Thanks! I will try this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.