MSI Teases Z87 XPower Overclocking Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
I have their flagship 2011 Socket board (Big Bang X-power II) and have nothing but great things to say about this board. Owned for over a year, gonna be removing the bullet and gatling gun heatsinks at some point.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I hope MSI keeps that full black look. Not many motherboards where even the RAM clips are black along with the OC buttons. Looks extremely smexy

amoralman

Honorable
May 20, 2012
I've been deciding on my upgrade for a year now (yeah I know...), and after all my research I will go with MSI. They do have the best bang for the buck, and are reliable!

lp231

Splendid
Where are the M&M's? When you show a mobo teaser, you're suppose to post it along with M&M's! BTW, those coconut M&M's taste pretty good, anyone else tried them before?

No real point for it until there are significant platform upgrades such as DDR4 or something. Overclocked it is highly unlikely that your CPU would be the choke point yet.

I am stoked that MSI is trying to make a name for themselves. I still use ASUS for all of my high end builds for people, but I have relied on MSI for budget and business computers for years and never regretted it, if they can prove themselves this time around then they will gain more of my business. Their last set of boards have all been solid boards, but just lacking in the 'extreme OC' and bells and whistles departments.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008

I'm thinking that Haswell will bring enough of a performance bump to make it worthwhile (about 15%). I also want to move up to PCIe 3, so, have a reason besides the CPU to replace my X58 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.