Fractal design r4 vs azza silentium 920b

spikie2

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
I am currently in the process of upgrading from my antec 300 case to something which is more silent. I have been browsing around, and the two silence-oriented cases within my price rang are the r4 at 80$ and the azza silentium at 50$. After browsing through various benchmarks i have noticed that the silentium does appear to be be quiter that the r4, and only slightly worse at cooling at stock. I was wonder (as somebody who does not overclock, but does game), which case is better, and why do so many reviewers still prefer the r4 (my main goal is silence).

Thanks in advance.

Expandability. While the Azza Silentium is one of the quietest case around, its interior fell flat. Cable management is more of a pain, supports only one 120mm radiator, less quality build than the R4, and doesn't look as good as the R4. If you're not overclocking, then you don't have to worry about it. Pick the one you like. The extra $30 is well spent on the R4 IMO.

spikie2

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011

thanks for the response, I think I'll opt for the silentiun now, considering that my budget it tight and i dont really care much for overclocking-related upgrades. thanks for your insight.