3 GPU's 9 Monitors with Eyefinity

bulut_45

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
Hi everyone! I want to use 9 monitors as one screen. So I bought 3 quantities of Asus HD7850 GPU. I'm able to use all of them at the same time. But I couldn't set up eyefinity. I'm using MSI Z77A-GD45 Thunderbolt mainboard , 2x 4GB DDR3 1333mhz Kingston Ram, Intel i5 3470 CPU and 3x DisplayPortToDVI active converters which are plugged into each GPU. This s not for gaming, I will build up video wall. Please help me.

bulut_45

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013

thanks for your reply, but i could set up 6 moniors at least with 2 gpus. but i even couldnt do that. there must be something wrong. it seems eyefinity only supports 6 monitors on one card. my problem is that i have to do it with 2 cards.

bulut_45

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
okay i see it doesnt support, but i even couldnt set up 6 monitors with 2 cards. can it be done ? i know it can be done by 1 card, buy my problem is that i wanna do that by 2 cards

Mahisse

Distinguished
What model is your motherboard? If you want to use eyefinity with two cards you will have to be able to crossfire. You will still need to hook up all the 6 monitors in your primary card.

bulut_45

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
thanks for your replies guys. as far as i know , crossfire just improves gpu performance and only 3 monitors can be plugged in by that. by enabling crossfire, computer thinks that only 1 gpu is installed. so i cannot use use crossfire in order to use 6 monitors. i have 2 mobos. msi z77a-gd45 thunderbolt and asus maximus v formula which both have 3 pci-e x16 slots. also , those gpus can handle 6 monitors on their owns if we take a look up on the model. so i got confused a bit and seeking help :):bounce:

TRENDING THREADS