Asus' ROG RAIDR PCIe SSD Spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Looks like a longer version of my XFI Fatality sound card. So basically 2 SSDs in raid put into a pci express card. Nice read/write speeds. If this is priced right it should do well. Thinking below $300 for the 240gb option?

Yes PCI-E does allow booting. I do believe the motherboard has to support it but it is allowed. I think most newer board already do support PCI-E booting.

Just in case readers haven't been keeping up with the latest developments, this is the beginning of the migration to consumer oriented PCIe solid state drives. The new SATA Express standard is in the very last stages of ratification. We should be seeing new motherboard SATA and PCIe connectors and new consumer PCIe ssd's sometime around the end of the year.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Sexy device. Good solution for Sata II bound MBs (e.g. X58/Soc1366 MBs) that still have a lot of life left but could take advantage of faster primary disk access. I'll have to put one of these on my list.

gorz

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
If anyone wants something to compare to, I just set up a raid 0 array of 2 Samsung 840s(non pro) and I get 1112mb/s read, 505mb/s write.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
MAKE A BAREBONES VERSION!!!
I have a Samsung 840 Pro 512GB. I would LOVE to have a RAID 0 array in this thing. 1TB of blistering speeds would be awesome.
I think Asus missed an opportunity by requiring you to buy it with their drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.