looking for blu-ray connection to pc

why? there would be no point.

video content is pre rendered.

if you played the disk on your pc or on your player you would see the same quality feed on screen.

a good graphics card only becomes usefull when real-time rendering such as in games or 3d applications or when gpgpu processing not when playing video.

vcgriffin

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
Thanks, another reason is that I want to rip and store my blu-ray movies on my pc.

I was also wondering, my motherboard has 4 ram slots - all of which support ddr3...does it matter how many gb of ram I install in each slot? Does it have to equal size of ram in each slot? Eg: 2gb each or can I put 4gb, 2gb, 1gb, 1gb?

Thank you in advance

there are ways to take a hdmi feed and record off of that but a far easier solution would be to just buy a blueray player for your pc. of course this would be for legal backup of your disks only not so you can sell the originals and keep the copies. just thought i needed to make that point crystal clear.

does your motherboard use dual or triple channel ram? my guess would be dual as this is most common.

in this case you should have an even number of sticks. for instance 1 stick in channel one, 1 stick in channel two. or 2 sticks in channel 1, 2 sticks in channel 2. i would keep both channels equal in size.

personally i use all the same size sticks but you can probably get away with something like this:

if your motherboard is set up like this (ram slots):

[ch1][ch2][ch1][ch2]

then you could do something like this:

[1gb][1gb][1gb][1gb]

which would be all equal

or you can probably go with something like this:

[1gb][1gb][2gb][2gb]

personally i would go with all equal but i do not think my other solution would really hurt anything if you already had some ram sticks in there. going with an uneven number of ram sticks such as

[1gb][1gb][2gb]

may not work ideal and probably will defeat the purpose of having dual channel ram in the first place.

of course this is if you have dual channel ram support on your motherboard (which seems most common now days) there are triple channel and im not sure but there may even be quad channel nowdays.