HELP: DL speed completely locked! - With Wireless AND Ethernet connection...?

Monty_Python

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Hey guys, I've been having trouble with the DL speeds of my computer for the last 2 weeks now, I think it's my PC because the DL speeds are fine when used on another PC in the house, I'm getting locked to 2Mb/s at max with normal (ish) upload speeds.

This is pretty much what I've been getting with Wireless dongle or direct Ethernet cable:

I'm on a 60Mb connection that pushes high 50's when used on another machine downstairs, but on this PC It's constantly unstable.

Something to note: When I boot into Windows, the OS freezes while the loading icon appears on the network symbol, and I can't use the OS until the network finally connects to a network, no programs will open, the mouse doesn't highlight over start menu icons etc...

Also, the wireless dongle I've been using used to cause BSOD If I re-connected it to a USB port, the drivers were extremely confusing to install, but when it did work, it worked fine and no longer causes BSOD anymore.

Sometimes when I re-connected the Wireless Dongle it would correct the DL speeds and they would go up to 60Mb for about a day and then I'd have to re-connect again to get the speeds back. The problem I'm having is that re-connecting the wireless dongle OR Ethernet connection still doesn't improve the speeds, it's almost certainly a PC issue and not a server/modem one.

This is my Wireless dongle:

[url=http://www.tp-link.com/en/pro...link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-WN822N [/url]

Could there be a conflict somewhere?

Re-installing the network drivers last night only got my speed back to about 20Mb/s before strangely going back to 60mb/s at midnight, to now 2Mb/s this morning, very confused! :??:

Monty_Python

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Update:

I re-started the modem and couldn't even connect to the network at all, got the typical "No internet" yellow triangle icon:

I uninstalled the Intel Network Driver like before, and just before I went to do a re-boot I noticed the yellow triangle disappeared!

Immediately ran a speed test which yielded much better results!

The Intel Network Driver manages the Ethernet cable socket on the motherboard, and windows manages the wireless networks installed along with the TP-Link wireless network utility, so why would the Intel Drivers interfere with a wireless connection managed by Windows??