Sign in with
Your question

Is the Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600W Enough???

Last response: in Components
April 20, 2013 5:15:09 AM

Hey everyone!
So I'm building a PC with a very tight budget and I just went over to a mate's place and he gave me a PSU that he just stopped using (switched to a 1400W one :0) It is a CM Extreme Power Plus 600W power supply. I noticed it has no PFC, does this really matter for me? And would it get the job done? I plan on having a HD 7850 and an i5-3470 in my PC... Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance!
a b ) Power supply
April 20, 2013 5:57:46 AM

it works but coolermaster psus kinda suck.

also, what brand was his 1400w psu? as far as i know, there are no brand name models. and if its not brand name, it generally means its a cheap chinese firecracker
April 20, 2013 9:09:54 AM

TheBigTroll said:
it works but coolermaster psus kinda suck.

also, what brand was his 1400w psu? as far as i know, there are no brand name models. and if its not brand name, it generally means its a cheap chinese firecracker

I think it was probably an exaggeration cause its a Corsair PSU. Probably 1000-1200W or something I reckon ;)  So you think it'll be good? I mean I'm on a VERY tight budget so if I can just use this PSU then it would be awesome...
Related resources
April 20, 2013 9:44:08 AM

Hi Furiion52!

Hardware Secrets did a review on the Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600W power supply. Sadly, they found it to be of sub-par quality and performance. You can find their review here.

I'd suggest getting a more reliable power supply, preferrably one manufactured by SeaSonic, XFX, Antec or Corsair. It might be expensive at first, but it will give you cleaner power and higher efficiency.
a b ) Power supply
April 20, 2013 2:38:23 PM

you can use the psu no problem. its no where close to the junk ive seen, but if you have a little more cash in the future, you can get a upgrade
April 20, 2013 5:15:00 PM

Alright thanks a lot guys! Once I get everything together I'll stick with it just to save a bit of money but I'll definitely buy a better one in the near future ;)  Thanks
!