Is the Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600W Enough???

Hey everyone!
So I'm building a PC with a very tight budget and I just went over to a mate's place and he gave me a PSU that he just stopped using (switched to a 1400W one :0) It is a CM Extreme Power Plus 600W power supply. I noticed it has no PFC, does this really matter for me? And would it get the job done? I plan on having a HD 7850 and an i5-3470 in my PC... Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance!
5 answers Last reply
More about cooler master extreme power 600w
  1. it works but coolermaster psus kinda suck.

also, what brand was his 1400w psu? as far as i know, there are no brand name models. and if its not brand name, it generally means its a cheap chinese firecracker
  2. TheBigTroll said:
    it works but coolermaster psus kinda suck.

also, what brand was his 1400w psu? as far as i know, there are no brand name models. and if its not brand name, it generally means its a cheap chinese firecracker

I think it was probably an exaggeration cause its a Corsair PSU. Probably 1000-1200W or something I reckon ;) So you think it'll be good? I mean I'm on a VERY tight budget so if I can just use this PSU then it would be awesome...
  3. Hi Furiion52!

Hardware Secrets did a review on the Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600W power supply. Sadly, they found it to be of sub-par quality and performance. You can find their review here.

I'd suggest getting a more reliable power supply, preferrably one manufactured by SeaSonic, XFX, Antec or Corsair. It might be expensive at first, but it will give you cleaner power and higher efficiency.
  4. you can use the psu no problem. its no where close to the junk ive seen, but if you have a little more cash in the future, you can get a upgrade
  5. Alright thanks a lot guys! Once I get everything together I'll stick with it just to save a bit of money but I'll definitely buy a better one in the near future ;) Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooler Master Power Supplies Build Components Power