Looking To Upgrade

JustinTiburon

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
Greetings all,

I recently broke my hand and will be out of work for a while, and I need to do something to make the time go by fast, and since I'm bored of my ps3 I decided to upgrade my out of date computer. With this being said, here is what I'm thinking of and hope everything works out well. Since I had a gaming computer built a while ago, I'm hoping I can save where I can to keep the cost down so I wont get evicted.

Approximate Purchase Date: Today

Budget Range: 1-700 it can be more but I'd love for it to be under 500 if possible, but if not I originally planned for about 1000. But with bills coming in, I would like to be lower. If this makes sense.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Not sure what folding@home is, but gaming, surfing, streaming movies, watching movies.

Are you buying a monitor: No, I already have one.

Parts to Upgrade: This is tricky, I know I need more ram, but since my motherboard is outdated going to have to upgrade that and CPU, so instead of rambling on, I need motherboard, ram, cpu possibly graphics card and power supply (mine may be going out)

Do you need to buy OS: Nope

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I heard the best was Newegg, But I will go where ever to get the best deal, even if I have to drive to a local store.

Parts Preferences: I have AMD parts right now, so I planned on sticking with AMD, but my buddy and reading here suggested that intel is the better bang for your buck, even though it's a bit more expensive.

Overclocking: Maybe, I'm a bit skeptical about these types of things, as I am not computer savvy.

SLI or Crossfire: I apologize I read the SLI/Crossfire FAQ by Maziar, And I still am lost about what this is exactly.

Your Monitor Resolution: I am at 2048x1152. Is this good?

Additional Comments: I would like to play, CS:GO, Call of Duty, Maybe some new MMO's that are coming out. I would just like a system that play the newer games that are out right now. Maybe Crysis? :) If that's still the top of the line game?

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My computer was built ages ago, and it used to be pretty good, and now i'm way behind the curve.

Side Note: To show you where i'm coming from i'll list out my specs to give an idea. I have an Asus M3A76 Motherboard, AMD 7750 Dual Core CPU, with 3 Gigs of ram. I have a Nvidia GeForce GTS 250, now for Black OPS 2, Canirunit said my graphics card was fine, but I know its old, so If there a decent one that won't hurt my wallet, I can always replace it. :)

After reading some threads, this is what I was thinking about from gathering information from another thread, I have no idea if this will work, but it's worth a shot, feel free to say yay or nay about it, and input your suggestions, as you guys are the experts. :)

EVGA 02G-P4-3658-KR GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SuperClocked 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card

SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

Price is 675.57 out the door with that. I already have fans in my computer and a Unicorn Sigma case. Also, this is without the warranties, do you guys recommend getting them?

JustinTiburon

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013

This one?

or this?

Either way, its cheaper than what I had I think. Are these better than what I picked out? If not whats the difference? Is it that big of a deal not overclocking?

JustinTiburon

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013

Got it, same ram as in first post? if so would you recommend me getting 4 sticks (16gigs) or just stick with the 2 sticks (8gigs)?

JustinTiburon

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013

Thanks for the help!!! I will order if I manage to get my internet fixed, I don't want to do it now in fear or internet getting cut out during mid order!