GA-990FXA-UD3 Hangs at boot logo for 2-3 minutes before booting normaly

Jordan Theberge

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
Hi guys I've searched the forums to find a similar issue but couldnt really find anything that summed up my situation and I'm hoping I can get some assistance from the community here.

Alright so I just purchased a brand new Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 with a FX8350. I installed everything in the case along with brand new Corsair vengeance 2X4Gb DIMMs and my SSD drive and for some reason at boot, the Gigabyte logo pops up, the keyboard is non-responsive (no lights on it nothing) and the computer stays that way for something like 2-3 minutes and then finally POSTs and boots up as normaly as I could excpect... I tried flashing a newer BIOS.. No avail. Everything is plugged in the way it should and after I installed windows the performances are all as excpected...

Only thing odd I noticed with the board (And I know its unrelated to the problem I just described ) the HS on the NB and the SB are wiggly and loose... Never seen such a thing on a board that is supposed to be at that quality level... Anyone else noticed that ?

Anyways, here is my complete rig info any help would be greatly appreciated because I feel im back with my old 486 rig where I could take a shower after pressing power and come back in time for ready to use state...

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition
GA-990FXA-UD3
Gigabyte HD 6870 SOC
Corsaire Vengeance 1866 8Gb kit
Crucial M4 128Gb SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Thanks!