What is the Best Radiator Fan?

thismafiaguy

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
I'm currently using Rosewill Hyperborea PWM fans with my H80i. They can't achieve anywhere in the same league of performance as the stock fans can do at max speed, but they do perform better at the ~1200RPM range in which I ran the stock fans to keep the noise level to a minimum. They are quieter than the stock fans probably due to hydro dynamic bearings. I have an 8350 but it's not overclocked, so it stays under 20C at idle and under 40C when gaming with this quiet configuration. But I do wish these Hyperborea fans were able to hit higher RPMs. And that brings me to wonder, which fan is the best and most silent for radiators?

The Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition fans are decent, as I read from reviews. But judging from the performance of my stock H80i fans with the same blade design, at their max speed of 1450RPM, it probably isn't going to move any more air than the Hyperborea fans. Perhaps higher static pressure?

The Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans appear to be some of the best on the market. But I've read about their bearing noise issues at certain RPMs, and that would be somewhat of a turn off for me.

And then there's the Noiseblocker M12-S1 fans, which are completely silent, according to reviews. But I can't help but notice its lower rated performance in order to stay quiet.

So what is the best radiator fan in my noise-concerned scenario? Have I narrowed it down? Or is there another jewel hidden in the bushes?

If noise is an issue, I'd pick the Noctua NF-F12 or a low voltage Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition. If noise is NOT an issue, then I'd choose the Cooljag Everflow or an Ultra Kaze.

TRENDING THREADS