Sound activated lights for audio jack?

ryno893

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
Okay, are there any sound activated light controllers that plug into an audio jack or something similar? I have a TV in my computer room that someone is pretty much always watching, so I can't use a mic without the lights being effected by the TV. I'm looking for something that works with cold cathode, for lighting in my case/

Thanks in advance.

braceyourself07

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
I don't know of any sound activated CCFL kits that don't come with a mic. They aren't expensive.... so, if you were feeling a little adventurous and are good at soldering small parts, go buy one and then get a 3.5mm audio jack from Radio Shack. Just a disclaimer--I've never tried this and not sure if it will work, but you could theoretically take apart the sound module, remove the mic and solder the mic wires to the 3.5mm jack. Then use a 3.5mm audio cable to plug into the sound module's jack that you just installed and plug the other end into your line out of your sound card and see if it picks up the sound. The sound module should have a dial on it to adjust for sensitivity. Hey if it works, make a youtube video out of it. I'm sure a lot of modders would love to know how to do it.

TRENDING THREADS