alienwarem15x ram problem

alienwarem15xdude

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
I have an alienware m15x laptop. I wanted to upgrade my ram.

I bought a Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600) CL9 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.35V/1.5V Notebook Memory Modules

What was in the alienware m15x notebook was two 4gb hynix ram for a total of 8gb.

With both 8gb Crucial ram in my laptop. I started it up and it went to an alien ware like bios screen. Maybe had an Intel logo on the side. It said start windows normally or start in safe recovery mode or something like that.

Windows would not start, it just repeated that screen over and over.

I took out the Crucial ram and put back the hynix ram. I started up the laptop and it said it was recovery files and then worked perfectly normal.

I took out one hynix ram and put in one crucial ram. I started it up and it went to the screen where it said start normal or start in safe recovery mode. So it would not go to windows.

I pressed F2 so it went to bios screen and under the info it said RAM 4096 mb. This means that no matter what it would not read the Crucial ram at all.

I did not buy the memory from dell. They recommended and were selling for $52

Storage Capacity 4 GB

Upgrade Type System specific

Technology DDR3 SDRAM

Form Factor SO DIMM 204-pin

Memory Speed 1333 MHz ( PC3-10600 )

Data Integrity Check Non-ECC

Features Unbuffered

Manufacturer Warranty Limited lifetime warranty

General

Storage Capacity 4 GB

Upgrade Type System specific

Memory

Type DRAM

Technology DDR3 SDRAM

Form Factor SO DIMM 204-pin

Memory Speed 1333 MHz ( PC3-10600 )

Data Integrity Check Non-ECC

RAM Features Unbuffered

Expansion / Connectivity

Compatible Slots 1 x memory - SO DIMM 204-pin

I bought for $117 from amazon the crucial ram

Any suggestions? Let me know if I bought the wrong ram, incompatible ram or if I could fix this error somehow.