need a new cpu for livestreaming/rendering/gaming ? need motherboard as well .

NuVoxZero

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
current specs

AMD A10 5800k
BIOSTAR HIFI A85w
Seagate 2tb hdd
corsair cx 430
g.skill ripjaws 8gb memory

looking to upgrade my cpu and mother board.

Limit on budget is $250. no more

Do you prefer an Intel or an AMD solution? Will you add a GPU and if so, which one? More powerful AMD processors like the FX-6300 don't include a graphics processor and Intel's graphics processor is less powerful than the AMD A10 5800k APU.

NuVoxZero

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

thanks for your response, i kinda prefer amd , but if there a intel cpu that can do the jobs very well , better then the amd one the let me know also i will be buying a gpu in the future around the summer time so i don't need to worry about that know cause i'm not gaming on it just yet . thanks

8350rocks

Distinguished

Well, for rendering, live streaming and gaming...the AMD will likely be a better bet for you. What kinds of games are we talking? If you're doing some heavy duty gaming, I would recommend something more along the lines of the FX6300/6350/8320/8350 for the sheer number of cores and clockspeed. If you're talking light gaming like minecraft or something similar, then the A10-5800k is a good solution, also, in June...the A10-6800k is coming as well...and you might like that solution slightly better.

The onboard graphics for the APU will outshine anything that intel has to offer in the department, and will even run games like Crysis 3 at decent frame rates on mediumish settings at lower resolutions.

The issue is the OP's $250 budget that won't allow for a FX6300, a good motherboard and a decent gaming GPU. If he wants to upgrade now, then Intel is the only solution (we all know that the graphics are not appropriate for gaming). If he prefers an AMD solution, then he either waits or he increases his budget to include a good gaming GPU.

popatim

Titan
Given your budget, as GhislainG pointed out, you dont have enough to do it all so I recommend a decent capture card and a second hdd which can also be used as a destination drive for rendering.

8350rocks

Distinguished
Then the A10-5800k is likely his best bet, make sure you get 1866 MHz RAM and buy 2 sticks no matter what you do...8 GB would be probably the minimum I would like to see...you could get by with 4 GB and add more later, but it will help a lot. Also, you can OC the 5800k, and that will also OC your GPU giving you effectively double performance for one OC.

If you can wait, the A10-6800k is supposed to hit shelves in about 45-60 days. It will be higher stock clock and better graphics, as well as some new architecture tweaks to help improve efficiency.

NuVoxZero

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

to be honest i really dont plan on doing much gaming on it , im of a console player.. so i just need tips on which cpu & motherboad to get for livestreaming/rendering

NuVoxZero

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

i dont do much gaming so i prefer a full cpu instead of a apu but at the time of my current build purchase i didn't know much .. yea

We're trying to help, but what's wrong with the current system? What specific performance gains are required to meet your expectations? That will dictate the solution and budget more than anything else. If streaming/rendering is bottlenecked by a hard disk (easy to determine if the processor is not busy enough), then getting a faster CPU won't help as much as installing an SSD. I could recommend an Intel i5-3350P and an Asus P8B75-M LX PLUS or an ASRock H77M motherboard (that will max out your budget unless they're on sale), but I can't determine if it will resolve your issue. To be honest, the performance gains of that Intel solution most likely are not worth it. You'd need a much faster and expensive solution to detect a noticeable performance improvement.

NuVoxZero

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

what are your prefering ? what should i do exactly ?

You want to upgrade the CPU and motherboard, but you haven't clearly identified the performance issue with your AMD A10 5800K APU. Do you already own the A10 5800K or will it be a new build? The proposed Intel i5-3350P CPU will be faster than the A10 5800K, but will it be fast enough to meet your expectations? In other words, if a task requires 30 minutes to complete on the A10 5800K, what would your expectations be if you spent $250 on an upgrade? Have you also determined that the CPU is the only bottleneck?

NuVoxZero

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
i already own the amd a10 5800k , if a task take 30min on the amd a105800k i would like the newer cpu to do it in 15mins, my expectations would be so high but noticeable increase in performance. umm .. explain what you mean by "bottleneck.

Have you determined that the CPU really is the bottleneck, i.e., is it at least 80% busy while streaming or rendering? If not, then the bottleneck (the component that prevents the task from completing faster) may occur because you are using a hard disk instead of a large enough SSD, all memory is used and adding another 8GB would help, etc. What rendering format are you using, e.g., 720p @ 30 FPS?

To be honest, you need to increase your budget significantly to double the performance of your current CPU. Read reviews like http://techreport.com/review/23750/amd-fx-8350-processor-reviewed/12 (read the whole review if you have time) and then decide on which processor or GPU (depending on the software) best meets your expectations. Please note that most rendering benchmarks use a SSD because a hard disk could become a bottleneck.

NuVoxZero

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

yea it is 80 - 90 % busy while streaming/rendering. i usually rendering at 30fps & 720p , sometimes i do 30fps & 1080p.

so basically your saying i should get a ssd & another kit of 8gb of ram ?

8350rocks

Distinguished

Yes, more RAM and the SSD for rendering will make a large impact. Remember, your APU uses your system memory for the GPU memory also, so RAM bandwidth effects it more than a normal CPU. If you can go to 1866 MHz or even 2133 MHz DDR3 RAM, it will also give you a nice boost in performance. The SSD also provides a huge bandwidth bump in data rates to allow the APU to do more work faster.

popatim

Titan
You could probably meet your performance goal by simply adding in another drive. Rendering on 1 drive is horribly inefficient - forcing one drive to read a piece, move the heads, write a piece, move the heads, read a piece.... over and over. Before you buy anything , render a file and note the time it take then install a second 7200 rpm drive and render the file again but this time so that the finished product is stored on the new hdd (ie - read from one hdd and write to the other) This should bring you fairly close to your goal. If you still feel the need for anything else you will want to keep this dual hdd setup anyways. Some rendering software even wants you to have 4 drives (1 OS, 1 Scratch disk, 1 source drive, 1 destination drive) for best performance.

Good luck

NuVoxZero

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

my budget is now $350 any tips ?

NuVoxZero

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

yes i will , buy i dont know how much to sell it for .

TRENDING THREADS